What do I need to do to rent my house for tourism purposes?

Guía publicada por:

Tourist Rentals of less than two months continual let. The requirements of housing for tourism purposes, homes that are rented less than two months in a row, are defined in Article 6 of Decree 28/2016, February 2, homes for tourism purposes:

If you want to rent your property for tourism porpouses you must be aware that the property must be registered in the Registro de Turismo de Andalucía (Tourism Registry of Andalusia) (RTA), in order to obtain a registration reference number, which must be visible in all publicity that is made. It will also be required by rental platforms such as booking, trivago, airbnb, etc.

The basic DOCUMENTS your property must have available are:

- It must have an Occupation licence (licencia de ocupación)

- It must have an energy efficiency certificate - Certificado de Eficiencia Energética (CEE) and comply with the required technical and quality conditions.

The basic REQUIREMENTS the property must have are:

- The rooms must have direct ventilation, either from the exterior or patios and must have some system to darken the room (blinds or blackout curtains).

- It must be furnished and be equipped with the necessary furnishings and appliances for immediate use, with information and instructions of use for those appliances which need them.

- Refrigeration with fixed air conditioning units in bedrooms and living rooms between the months of May and September and with heating between October and April.

- First aid kit

- Tourist information about the area (leisure facilities, restaurants and cafeterias, shops and food stores, car parks, medical services, urban transport, map of the area and an entertainment guide).

- A complaints form must be available in the property.

- Cleaning of the property on the checkout and check in of new clients.

- There must be Bed linen, bath linen and general household ware, with a replacement set.

- Tenants must be provided with a telephone number where they can be attended to and any incident relative to the property can be resolved immediately.

Information must be provided about any internal regulations relating to the use of communal installations, as well as the admission and presence of pets in the property, restrictions on smoking, etc.

Not complying with these requirements will lead to serious fines.

Pedir más información sin compromiso